There’s nothing better than giving back. And giving back to our planet is at the forefront of our mind at Luna & Rose (and if it’s not at yours I highly suggest you watch the most recent David Attenborough documentary on Netflix). Everything we do & produce, we ensure that we are keeping our footprint on this planet as light as possible. From working with only recycled sterling silver, to using plant dyes & organic fabric. Now it’s your time to choose conscious Gifts this Christmas and we’ve put together a list of 6 great ideas for you:
1. Plant a tree (Or 10) through One Tree Planted. Luna & Rose has donated over 1000 trees with these guys in 2020 both in Indonesia and Australia to help support the bushfire recovered. We plan to continue to support the incredible work this non-profit are doing over the coming years to help protect our precious planet
2. A beautiful Take-away coffee cup. It always surprises me how many people I see pounding the pavement without one of these! We love Pottery for the Planet (We also have some really cute ones in our store in Bali if you’re lucky enough to visit!)
3. One of our Charity T-Shirts that donate a minimum of $25 for the sale of each T-Shirt back to it’s chosen Charity. We support Feed Bali, BOS Australia and the East Bali Poverty Project through these T-Shirts.
4. Sponsor an Orangutan! We have been donating to BOS Australia (Borneo Orangutan Survival) through our ‘Don’t Panic I’m Organic’ Charity T-Shirt in which $25 goes directly to support these guys. You can sponsor an Orangutan directly through them which is probably the coolest gift you could ever give a kid!
5. These essential supermarket shopping bags from Seed and Sprout Co will ensure you’re never left to grab a single-use veggie bag ever again. The perfect present for everyone including kids off to University, Your aunty who’s struggling to be plastic free, mum, brother or your cousin.
6. Kathryn Kellogg’s ‘Going Zero Waste’ book is full of awesome and insightful information. She’s a true leader in the sustainable space and this book is a great place to start to learn and become inspired. Also available over on our website here.
We ask you to ask the questions this festive season. Are you supporting brands and companies that give back? Do they care for the planet and the people producing their items? How? By choosing to spend your hard earned money with people and brands that are looking after our planet will ensure the health of our precious planet for generations to come.
P.S. Go and watch the David Attenborough documentary NOW! x
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.