If these arn't going to get you in the Christmas sprit then I'm not sure what will! Truffles are, well, epic all year around but I can't help but feel like they really start to come into their own during the festive season of Christmas. When we recently scrolled past this recipe online recently we couldn't help but re-share these cute looking reindeer truffle morsels!
Truffles make for perfect gifts for all. Neighbours, Teachers, Mum, Auntry, Gran.... And when they look this cute? How could you not get excited about Christmas! We've listed a delicious truffle recipe below but the truth is, your base truffle could really be anything, as long as you have those red M & M's for a now & pretzels for antlers - you'll be a star in any kids books!
300gm Dark Chocolate
1/2 a cake or 3 chocolate muffins (either pre-made or from the supermarket - yes this is cheating but it's EPIC!)
2 x 125g packets Lindt Lindor balls, unwrapped (We tried the Strawberries & Cream ones which added a delicious berry burst to these guys)
40 Candy Eyeballs (Not essential... could also use white icing)
20 Red M & M's
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place 50g chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place over a bowl of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Melt the chocolate while you continue to stir (This should take around 3-5 minutes)
3. Crumble the cake (including the icing) into a bowl until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Stir in the melted chocolate through the cake-crumbs
5. Use approx 1 tablespoon crumbled cake mix to shape around each Lindor ball to completely enclose it. Transfer the truffles to the baking paper tray
6. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until firm.
7. Place the remaining 250g chocolate in the same heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir often for 5 minutes or until smooth.
8. Use a fork to dip the chocolate truffles into the melted chocolate, shaking off any excess (this is genuinely tricky to nail... but have faith!) Once coated, place the truffles back onto the tray.
9. Break the pretzels in half & decorate each truffle with pretzel antlers, pressed into the cake layer only, candy eyes and a red M&M nose.
10. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes until set.
If you make these guys we would LOVE to see, please tag us or send us photo of your creations and share your festive vibes - we're all about it! x
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …