As Earth Day is coming up, we'd love to introduce you to the people who inspire us the most to keep growing and evolving on our journey to sustainability. We get our best tips from them and we had to share with you the incredible people who keep us motivated to make a change everyday!
We'll start with Samantha Merritt, a digital creator showing us the benefits of slow living and taking the time to make conscious choices. Her beauty and skincare recommendations are some of our favourites! We asked her a few questions to get to know the person behind the influencer:
- Where abouts do you currently call home?
I am currently living in rural north South Aus.
- What’s your favourite part of having such a loyal following?
I truly love how passionate my followers are! Everyone gets so pumped about sustainability and I love hearing how people have changed up the way way they shop because of something I've said around sustainable shopping.
- Who’s your favourite artist and why? (Musician, painter, designer, anyone!)
My favorite artist is Cy Twombly, his pieces feel like if someone painted what the inside of my mind would look like ahah
- Your favourite city in the world?
Favorite city is Melbourne hands down (sorry Adelaide)
- How about your favourite beach?
My favorite beach is this tiny little spot out of Noosa heading north, its so secluded and feels like a hidden get away.
- 5 things you can’t live without… go!
Sunscreen, water bottle, my ipod, pasta and my cat ahaha
- What is your favourite quote?
"Be the change you want to see"
- What is your best Eco Tip to share with others?
My best eco tip is do your best because we need a lot of people doing a bit instead of a few people doing a lot.
- If you could say one thing to our Mother Earth, what would it be?
- What’s one cause that you would want people to rally behind and why?
I really want people to rally behind shopping slow and sustainable, clothing and accessories create so much trash and the whole fast fashion industry is incredibly dangerous.