9 top tips about Motherhood from Stylist Tori Ambler
July 17, 20192 min read
We're new friends, but something in the air tells me we'll be pals for life. This go-getting incredibly creative and talented lady Tori Ambler is the stylist behind our latest couple of shoots... oh and the Mum of 2 super cute twin toddlers! How she manages to juggle her passion for creative work in styling, motherhood, drop offs, pick ups, trips overseas for her husbands work oh, and always finding time to reply to my messages? It's beyond me. As we recently launched our range of pendants centered around this idea of Motherhood, and females strength, endless love and determination, there was no other human better to ask her hot tips on how it all works... Because she's got me stumped!
1) 3 of the best tips you were given before becoming a Mum: I actually got given some AMAZING advice just before I had the boys:
1. Breastfeeding isn’t always this easy, breezy thing it’s made out to be. It can be really hard, or for some impossible.
I was so grateful I’d been told that, as I had such a tough time breastfeeding
2. Set a time by which you’ll be showered and dressed EVERYDAY. My midwife told me this one and it was a game changer. She said so many mamas don’t make that time for themselves, sit in pajamas all day, and start to feel low.
3. Get a group chat of your fellow Mum mates, or other mums with similar aged babes. Me and 5 girlfriends started one when we were all pregnant and it was a life saver (still is). Any worries, frustrations (soooo many), laughs, questions, etc, throw it out there.
Three things I love most about being a mum: 1. They keep me fit! Now they’re 3, our days consist of bike rides, skateboards, walks, parks, wrestling, etc Every. Single. Day. Stuff I would never have done, ever. (No, you don't like to wrestle on the daily?!)
2. Their smell. Creepy? Maybe. When they’re asleep I smell their little necks 💔
3. Them. They’re amazing. Some days are horrific (toddlers can be HORRIBLE), but then they tell me ‘mister sun is here and it’s a beautiful day mama’, or they cuddle on the couch while picking their noses and it’s the best thing ever
3 places I can’t wait to take the boys: 1. Japan. It’s top of my list!!! They love the chaos of cities, so I assume they’ll be in heaven in Tokyo
2. Bali (again). Now they’re older I can’t wait to take them back
3. A white Christmas, undecided where. I’ve never had one either!
Thanks Tori, you're a rockstar. To check out Tori's beautiful Styling work (Currently she is located in New Zealand but available for Travel) over on her website in the below link:
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.