If you love chocolate, nuts & all things sweet... you are going to LOVE these delicious rich truffle balls. You may have guess it by now but I'm a full-blown, slightly obsessed, truffle lover. Sometimes I like them naughty & rich (Like these Snickers Bar delights!) and sometimes I like them healthy & clean (Like our Beetroot Balls). But the truth be told, I am on an endless hunt for new delicious truffle recipes, to trial, delight & share with you & closer to home, some lucky friends. The good news for you is, by sharing them here on our blog you too have a few years supply of varied truffle ball gifts to your lucky humans too!
12 Chocolate flavoured biscuits (In NZ we LOVE the Arnotts Ripple biscuits for these but any choc flavoured biscuit will work)
10 fun size Snickers or 2 Normal Sized Snickers Bars
1 Tablespoon of thickened Cream
200gm of Chocolate melts
2 Tablespoons of finely chopped, honey glazed peanuts
1. Place the biscuits into a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
2. Chop up the Snickers Bars into 2cm pieces and place the snickers bars & cream into a Microwave safe Bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 30 second stints, stirring, and repeat for another 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
4. Add the biscuit crumbs into the Snickers mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a rough ball. Place on a lined baking tray or plate. Repeat until all the mixture is finished
6. Place the plate into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Melt the 200gm of Chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl on Medium until melted and smooth. You can also melt the chocolate by placing a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water and stirring regularly (I prefer this way as my Microwave is temperamental!)
8. In batches, dip the balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off and place them onto a cooling tray. Work quickly by sprinkling the honey roasted nuts onto the truffles before the chocolate sets! (It's super handy to have an extra pair of hands for this step)
9. Set aside for 10 minutes for them to set & ENJOY!
Do you have a favorite truffle recipe? We would love to hear it! Please email it through to us or leave a comment in the comments below x
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.