10 fun facts about Goldfish Kiss, Our latest collaboration designer!
July 15, 20202 min read
Rebekah is the guru behind our latest collaboration collection 'BLUE CRUSH' designing the 2 super rad prints that we have made into Shirts, Scarves, Shoes, Hats & Wallets. But beyond her creative geniusness and inspiring thoughts over on her Goldfish Kiss blog, she is one rad and inspiring human. From fitness workouts to nature hikes to love poems painted in her infamous watercolours, we love getting our daily dose from Rebekah and thought it was time to learn a little more about HER! Here are 10 fun facts she recently shared with us
1) You studied….I got my BFA in Fine Art from the University of Iowa
2) You worked….Oh man I've had so many jobs, ready, set, go... Lifeguard, Valet, Worked on a golf course, Tae Bo Instructor, Nanny, Cocktail Waitress, Graphic Designer, Model, Actress, camp counselor, art director, I Need to find my old resume
3) You grew up in …..Colorado - I'm a mountain gal who is obsessed with the beach. Ironic, I know.
4) You lived in Hawaii because…It was a dream come true. My husband and I were newlyweds, both struggling to find our place in the 2009 recession, then my husband got a job at UH. 'Twas a no brainer for us, and the best move ever.
5) Your favourite work out is….I’m all about kettlebells these days. I've been lifting since I was 15 so it’s been a refreshing way to mix up my lifts (I’m turning 40 this fall. WHAT!? I guess for that reason I really love hot yoga too. It makes my joints feel less achy)
6) To create your paintings it takes…. My usual paintings take 3-4 hours, the big ones take weeks, textiles are a few hours, blog posts and IG captions require an unmeasurable time staring blankly in to space figuring out what the heck I want to say.
7) You find the most amount of inspiration by…Traveling and nature. Vintage photography is helping a lot these days too. Same with some really good tunes.
8) Levi's coolest trait is…his belly laugh, his ability to transform to multiple super heroes/Movie characters in a day, his hair, his heart.
9) Your favourite flower is...Gardenia - Their scent I glorious, it's also what I wore in my hair on my wedding day and had in my bouquet.
10) Favourite weekend activity is….Surfing and sunrise beach runs (when we lived by the beach) In Seattle it’s getting good coffee and going for a hike/or a paddle if its warm.
You can check out the full collection(s) that we have designed together with Rebekah over the years over HERE.
You can also check out her epic and inspiring blog by clicking HERE.
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.