Necklaces. Sentimental ones, cute ones, chunky ones, gifts from friends, special pieces you picked up on your travels, talisman to guide you through life and ones from your favourite designers….We all love them. We all wear them. But how to create that lush layered necklace stack with all of them? That is the golden question my friend and we are here to help.
Whether you want to add a little spice into your current collection, are looking to create a new necklace stack or just want to learn a few things about how to create a layered necklace look, we are here to help you out with a few key tips. Without further ado, here are our top 6 tips on how to create a great necklace stack
1. Different chain lengths are king. Whether it’s a 14” length choker or 27” long chain, the base to creating the perfect layer really is getting the lengths right. We recommend starting with 2 or 3 chain lengths, all at least 2” in difference. All of our Luna & Rose chains come with a 2” loop shorter to help you style your own look. For example, (And one of our office favourites!) is an 18”, 20” and 23” chain.
2. Work out what you are wearing. For example if you’re putting on a cute T-Shirt & jeans, we would suggest going for longer layers over if you were wearing a low-cut top. This is where you might stop & think it’s all getting a little tricky… but bare with us! Here are some different looks and suggestions below:
3. Choose your favourite piece and work around that. It’s all well and good to create a beautiful layered look but if your favourite piece isn’t a part of the party then that’s no fun at all! Depending on the charm size, you could start with this in the centre (ie. a 20” length) and work up and down from there. I personally always seem to start with my St Christopher necklace on 18” and layer up or down from there! I’m very rarely seen out of the house without him….
4. Various Pendant sizes. This is usually the easy part and we suggest to put the smaller lighter pendants on the shorter chains. The reason for this is 1, because smaller charms are more noticeable when they’re worn up high and closer to the chin and 2, because smaller charms are lighter and often don’t sit flat on a longer chain. It’s great when your charms are able to be mixed between the chain lengths (like all of ours are) so you can literally pick and choose and play around with different charms on your different length chains as you like, depending on your outfit!
5. Adding texture! We’re huge fans of mixing up your chain styles on at least one of your 3+ chains. It might be a beaded strand from your travels down through Central America, a string of pearls or a textured chain like our Rhode Island Rope Chain.
6. Have fun with it! There’s no set rules to creating the perfect necklace stack, just a bunch of ideas that you can constantly mix around and play with depending on how you feel & what type of top or dress you’re wearing. The best thing? You can wear the same pieces every single day, layered in a different way to keep your look fresh! Winning (and super sustainable - especially when you get to recycle your jewels at the end of their life!).
Looking for a little something to add into your layer? (a gal can never have too many necklaces right?) Shop our range of necklaces here.
Already got the goods, just needed some motivation and tips on how to layer? We would LOVE to see you layering your necklaces, Luna & Rose or not, tag us so we can see x
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.