Love a Good ring stack? Us too. We also love a perfectly fitting ring (And not the ones with the adjustable underneath that pinch the hell out of your poor fingers!)
To help our customers select the perfect Ring Size we wanted to make an easy peasy go-to guide and list 3 effective ways to measure your ring size right from your couch at home. No more ‘Ugh, what is my ring size?’ and no more ill-fitting rings upon order delivery, the below 3 methods will take 3 minutes and you’ll be sorted for life…. literally.
Fun Fact, almost everyones hands fits 2 ring sizes across their fingers! (Well 3 if you include your thumb as well….).
So if you’ve got that itch to adorn your finger with the perfect ring(s), but stuck on the eternal question: "What's my ring size?" Fear not. Stick with us and take 3 minutes to read our below Ring Sizing Guide.
Here’s how to measure your ring size like a pro, without leaving the comfort of your chair.
1: Use a Ring You Already Own
This technique revolves around the inner diameter of a ring that currently fits your finger.
(Guys, this is a Great method to secretly get your girlfriends engagement ring size…. Just sayin’. And FYI it is easier to make a ring BIGGER than it is smaller so you don’t need to cut the band to remove the Silver / Gold)
1. Grab Your Ring
2. Grab a Ruler
3. Place the ruler on a flat surface such as a table, desk or benchtop and then place your existing ring on top of it. Measure the inside diameter from one edge to the opposite edge, not including the actual ring.
4. Take the measurement in mm and match it to the 'Inside Diameter' Chart below. If your measurement is between two sizes, opt for the larger size.
2: Using the a Piece of String or Paper
Don’t have a ring that fits already? No problem. Embrace the paper strip method for a precise approach measuring the circumference.
1. Cut a thin strip of paper or use a piece of string.
2. Wrap the strip (or string) around your ring finger and mark where it overlaps. Make sure it is not too right, keeping in mind that metal rings are not as flexible as a piece of paper.
3. Once marked where the strip overlaps, unwrap the strip from your finger and measure the length from the end to the marked spot.
4. Refer to the 'Inside Circumference' Ring Size Chart below to match your measurement to the ring size. When in doubt, choose the larger size if you're between two sizes.
3: Use the Ring Sizer Application
For ultimate precision and convenience, the Ring Sizer application is your go-to if you have a reference ring on hand to measure from.
1. Download the Ring Sizer application from your preferred app store onto your smartphone. we love this Ring Sizer by Jason Withers one as it’s super easy to use. Here is what it looks like in the App store:
2. Follow the setup instructions provided by the app.
3. Place your ring over the circle on the screen.
4. Utilize the slider on the screen to fit your internal diameter of your ring. It’s important you are referencing the INSIDE measurement, not the outside of your ring to get the correct fit.
5. Use the reference table provided by the application to understand your correct ring size based on your measurement of the ring you used.
4: Visit your Local Jeweller
If you are still unsure, next time you are walking past your local jeweller, pop in and ask if you can please have your finger measured. They will have a set of basic metal rings for you to try on & find your perfect fit. Key information for living your best Ring bling life for many ears ahead!
Ring Sizing Made Simple
Luna & Rose is here to help you to find your perfect ring fit, because every finger deserves a touch of magic. We hope that with our range of ring sizing methods you can confidently explore all of our Ring styles you've been dreaming of, with total confidence of the perfect fit. From the paper strip measure, to the modern marvel of the Ring Sizer app – we've got the tools you need to shop our Ring collection with confidence.
Whether it's a symbol of love (Hello Signet Rings), a travel or life momento, a ring for self-expression, a basic stacker or a touch of elegance you're after, we’ve got you covered with our large range of beautiful rings. You’ve hopefully found your perfect ring size and ready to adorn those fingers with one (or 2… or more….) of our Sustainably crafted Rings. Oh - And just to keep in mind, we can make any of our rings in any size so if its not available on the product page - please email us so we can place a custom order for you with our team of Artisans.
So what are you waiting for? Shop our range of Rings over here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
LET'S MAKE IT OFFICIAL
10% off your next purchase with us & good times only to your inbox.... Pinky promise.