APERITIVO HOUR - 6 EPIC PLATTER IDEAS FROM PINTEREST
August 20, 20193 min read
Let’s be real here…. A good looking platter is not only the perfect piece of Pintrest Porn but a delicious piece of real life edible art – and who’s complaining about that!? Aperitivo hour – the two hours around sunset time – may just be my favourite time of the day due to the snacks & platters that manifest and appear across the globe at this time. In Spain it’s all Cheese, Salami and Olives. In Italy it’s more Breadsticks, Cheese & Bread…. In France, it’s all of the above & more… at a premium! Whatever the country, Aperitivo hour is best shared with friends, family & one hectic looking platter…
The below is a concoction of delicious platters that we have discovered over on Pinterest and have really got us salivating. Whether you’re getting the girls over for a Saturday afternoon wine, mid-week book club or heading down to the beach and snacks are the main meal of the day, we’re sure you will find some inspiration in these delicious edible pieces of platter porn artworks.
1) One for the slightly sweeter toothed….This platter is too beautiful with it’s colourful mix of fruit, waffles, seeds & nuts as well as your classic Cheese & crackers. The vibrant selection of delicious snacks definitely makes this platter a feast for the eyes!
2) Simple but effective. We love the bread in glasses that creates volume on the board!
3) Can we all confirm that this platter is absolutely the perfect mix of sweet, savoury, crunchy, healthy & a little naughty? Get in me!
4) Bigger isn’t ALWAYS better, how cute are these mini-platter artworks? Perfect for sharing around at Aperitivo hour in a mingling group situation or placed around the room / picnic space for ease of sharing. Love the super cute styling too!
5) This is one of ‘Poor Girls Pantry’s’ masterpieces – I love the use of greenery to add both texture and a cute vibe as well as filling out the in between areas of the cheese & crackers. For more of her work, check out her ENDLESS supply of platter porn over here.
6) This guy is creativity gone wild and I love it. The use of height for extra WOW factor as well as all of the beautiful tropical colours with the fruit popped in here and there…
We also love to serve our platters with a delicious sauce. While there are many recipes on the internet, we love this one that we recently wrote about over on our blog. It is so good to dip your vegetables in it or toss with it!
If you are having an aperitif with friends, family or planning your next event with a bunch of special humans, big platters are always a good idea. Not only due to their picture perfection but also the minimal amount of cooking required! Oh, and the fun of putting your masterpiece all together!? Platters for aperitivo hour will allow you to spend as much time as possible with your guests at your next shin dig / party / catch up. We’d love to see your platters! Feel free to email us your platter porn or tag us on #lalunarose on social media to share your artwork. x
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.