It's Bananarama madness around here with the launch of our new tropical collection (Bananas ringsand all) so I thought I would share one of my favourite all-time naughty but healthy but a little naughty treat.
These guys are so easy to make, can look beautiful (If you get the chocolate consistency right!) and are a guaranteed hit. Perfect for Summer BBQ's in the sunshine, party snacks for little ones or just an epic treat to have in the freezer!
Here goes, get ready to discover your new obsession...
- 2 Firm but Ripe Bananas
- 200gm of Dark Chocolate (Chopped)
- 2 Tblspns of Coconut or Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 a Cup of your desired toppings (Granola, Chopped Pecans, Walnuts, Peanuts, Shredded Coconut, Sprinkles etc)
- Toothpicks or Kebab sticks (If you would like them served as skewers)
1) Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
2) Cut the Bananas into thirds or halves, depending on how big you would like your pieces. Insert toothpick or kebab stick from from the base into the banana (as shown in the images above). Place on the baking tray and freeze for 20 minutes.
3) After 10 minutes, melt the chocolate with the oil in a glass bowl in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds). Alternatively, place the chocolate in a bowl over a half-full pan of simmering water for about 2 minutes or until all chocolate has melted. Stir until smooth.
4) Roll each banana half in the chocolate and then quickly sprinkle with your topping. Place them back onto the non-stick tray.
5) Freeze until the chocolate sets (Approx 30 minutes if you can wait!) Serve up or store them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to a week - YUM!
And you know what? If you can't be bothered or just simple don't care for how pretty you Chocolate and banana look together, get a tablespoon of Nutella, slice up a Banana and wallah - dip away!
Got you in the mood for Bananas? You can shop our Banana jewellery designs here.
Liked this? Head over here to check out our Smoothie Bowl Recipes and get your fresh fruit fix for breakfast!
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.
Cabbage without Mayo. It's extremely hard to come by but when you find it, oooh weee life is good! If you're one of the 0.2% of the population who also hates Mayonnaise, welcome. If you're still a traditional slaw lover... Stick with me, this delicious, crunchy, fresh Cabbage Salad will have you second guessing how you'll next serve up your crunchy greens!