Let’s be real here…. A good looking platter is not only the perfect piece of Pintrest Porn but a delicious piece of real life edible art – and who’s complaining about that!? Aperitivo hour – the two hours around sunset time – may just be my favourite time of the day due to the snacks & platters that manifest and appear across the globe at this time. In Spain it’s all Cheese, Salami and Olives. In Italy it’s more Breadsticks, Cheese & Bread…. In France, it’s all of the above & more… at a premium! Whatever the country, Aperitivo hour is best shared with friends, family & one hectic looking platter…
The below is a concoction of delicious platters that we have discovered over on Pinterest and have really got us salivating. Whether you’re getting the girls over for a Saturday afternoon wine, mid-week book club or heading down to the beach and snacks are the main meal of the day, we’re sure you will find some inspiration in these delicious edible pieces of platter porn artworks.
1) One for the slightly sweeter toothed….This platter is too beautiful with it’s colourful mix of fruit, waffles, seeds & nuts as well as your classic Cheese & crackers. The vibrant selection of delicious snacks definitely makes this platter a feast for the eyes!
2) Simple but effective. We love the bread in glasses that creates volume on the board!
3) Can we all confirm that this platter is absolutely the perfect mix of sweet, savoury, crunchy, healthy & a little naughty? Get in me!
4) Bigger isn’t ALWAYS better, how cute are these mini-platter artworks? Perfect for sharing around at Aperitivo hour in a mingling group situation or placed around the room / picnic space for ease of sharing. Love the super cute styling too!
5) This is one of ‘Poor Girls Pantry’s’ masterpieces – I love the use of greenery to add both texture and a cute vibe as well as filling out the in between areas of the cheese & crackers. For more of her work, check out her ENDLESS supply of platter porn over here.
6) This guy is creativity gone wild and I love it. The use of height for extra WOW factor as well as all of the beautiful tropical colours with the fruit popped in here and there…
We also love to serve our platters with a delicious sauce. While there are many recipes on the internet, we love this one that we recently wrote about over on our blog. It is so good to dip your vegetables in it or toss with it!
If you are having an aperitif with friends, family or planning your next event with a bunch of special humans, big platters are always a good idea. Not only due to their picture perfection but also the minimal amount of cooking required! Oh, and the fun of putting your masterpiece all together!? Platters for aperitivo hour will allow you to spend as much time as possible with your guests at your next shin dig / party / catch up. We’d love to see your platters! Feel free to email us your platter porn or tag us on #lalunarose on social media to share your artwork. x
(And whatever you do, don’t forget the wine !)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The LUNA & ROSE team are having a little too much fun reliving the 90s around here...from platform sneakers, butterfly clips & braids, there was a whole lot of memorable moments to come out of the 90s! What better way to showcase it then your fave 90s Chick Flicks, here's our Top 5.
We sat down with the founder & designer behind Luna & Rose who recently had her first bubba Pepe in 2021. While attempting to slow down her business while she took some time off to enjoy the early weeks & months of Motherhood, her business had different ideas.... Things were on the rise. We sat down and had a lovely honest conversation with Rosie about how she is finding Motherhood so far, as well as working alongside her own Mother in business. Put the kettle on & nestle in for an inspiring interview with this working Mama.
Sage Sticks. Smudge Sticks. Smudgies. If you're like us, you had never heard of such a thing until, well mid 2020, global pandemic & the world was searching for inner peace and exploring home rituals as a way to connect with both themselves and to create a sense of calm within their space.
Fast forward two years and here we are, turning sage sticks into a new dreamy shade of our everyday Linen wear! Quite an inspiration the old Sage huh?