Let’s be real here…. A good looking platter is not only the perfect piece of Pintrest Porn but a delicious piece of real life edible art – and who’s complaining about that!? Aperitivo hour – the two hours around sunset time – may just be my favourite time of the day due to the snacks & platters that manifest and appear across the globe at this time. In Spain it’s all Cheese, Salami and Olives. In Italy it’s more Breadsticks, Cheese & Bread…. In France, it’s all of the above & more… at a premium! Whatever the country, Aperitivo hour is best shared with friends, family & one hectic looking platter…
The below is a concoction of delicious platters that we have discovered over on Pinterest and have really got us salivating. Whether you’re getting the girls over for a Saturday afternoon wine, mid-week book club or heading down to the beach and snacks are the main meal of the day, we’re sure you will find some inspiration in these delicious edible pieces of platter porn artworks.
1) One for the slightly sweeter toothed….This platter is too beautiful with it’s colourful mix of fruit, waffles, seeds & nuts as well as your classic Cheese & crackers. The vibrant selection of delicious snacks definitely makes this platter a feast for the eyes!
2) Simple but effective. We love the bread in glasses that creates volume on the board!
3) Can we all confirm that this platter is absolutely the perfect mix of sweet, savoury, crunchy, healthy & a little naughty? Get in me!
4) Bigger isn’t ALWAYS better, how cute are these mini-platter artworks? Perfect for sharing around at Aperitivo hour in a mingling group situation or placed around the room / picnic space for ease of sharing. Love the super cute styling too!
5) This is one of ‘Poor Girls Pantry’s’ masterpieces – I love the use of greenery to add both texture and a cute vibe as well as filling out the in between areas of the cheese & crackers. For more of her work, check out her ENDLESS supply of platter porn over here.
6) This guy is creativity gone wild and I love it. The use of height for extra WOW factor as well as all of the beautiful tropical colours with the fruit popped in here and there…
We also love to serve our platters with a delicious sauce. While there are many recipes on the internet, we love this one that we recently wrote about over on our blog. It is so good to dip your vegetables in it or toss with it!
If you are having an aperitif with friends, family or planning your next event with a bunch of special humans, big platters are always a good idea. Not only due to their picture perfection but also the minimal amount of cooking required! Oh, and the fun of putting your masterpiece all together!? Platters for aperitivo hour will allow you to spend as much time as possible with your guests at your next shin dig / party / catch up. We’d love to see your platters! Feel free to email us your platter porn or tag us on #lalunarose on social media to share your artwork. x
(And whatever you do, don’t forget the wine !)
Comments will be approved before showing up.
You hear us talking about our 'Plant Dyed Apparel' but what does that actually mean and how on earth does one dye clothing with plants you ask!? I know, it's a buzzy concept and one that I too couldn't quite believe when I first heard about it either. But guess what? This is where it all started! Plants are where the original colours started... and we are here to bring it back - no chemicals added!
My Mother in law first made this for me many moons ago and it was instant love at first bite! Tangy yet fresh, more-ish yet healthy. This lemon tomato pasta has all the ingredients to warrant being on the weekly meal schedule without too much hassle. Hey, it's even good enough to wow your pals for dinner on Friday night! Serve it up with a fresh garden salad or opt for a carbo load with some toasted ciabatta with fresh garlic butter? Mmmm hmmm. If this doesn't have you hungry for dinner... I'm not sure we can be friends. Bon Appetit friends x
As you know... We've got lemon's on our mind! On our search this week we stumbled upon these healthy, sweet little morsels and couldn't help but share them with you. Sweet yet tangy, and oh so healthy, these lemon bliss balls are a simple and nutritious treat designed to get you through a busy day. The best part? They’re made using only 7 ingredients and are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free . With all that in mind, what are you waiting for? Get the blender ready & it's time to whizz up these Lemon-y treats!