There’s nothing better than giving back. And giving back to our planet is at the forefront of our mind at Luna & Rose (and if it’s not at yours I highly suggest you watch the most recent David Attenborough documentary on Netflix). Everything we do & produce, we ensure that we are keeping our footprint on this planet as light as possible. From working with only recycled sterling silver, to using plant dyes & organic fabric. Now it’s your time to choose conscious Gifts this Christmas and we’ve put together a list of 6 great ideas for you:
1. Plant a tree (Or 10) through One Tree Planted. Luna & Rose has donated over 1000 trees with these guys in 2020 both in Indonesia and Australia to help support the bushfire recovered. We plan to continue to support the incredible work this non-profit are doing over the coming years to help protect our precious planet
2. A beautiful Take-away coffee cup. It always surprises me how many people I see pounding the pavement without one of these! We love Pottery for the Planet (We also have some really cute ones in our store in Bali if you’re lucky enough to visit!)
3. One of our Charity T-Shirts that donate a minimum of $25 for the sale of each T-Shirt back to it’s chosen Charity. We support Feed Bali, BOS Australia and the East Bali Poverty Project through these T-Shirts.
4. Sponsor an Orangutan! We have been donating to BOS Australia (Borneo Orangutan Survival) through our ‘Don’t Panic I’m Organic’ Charity T-Shirt in which $25 goes directly to support these guys. You can sponsor an Orangutan directly through them which is probably the coolest gift you could ever give a kid!
5. These essential supermarket shopping bags from Seed and Sprout Co will ensure you’re never left to grab a single-use veggie bag ever again. The perfect present for everyone including kids off to University, Your aunty who’s struggling to be plastic free, mum, brother or your cousin.
6. Kathryn Kellogg’s ‘Going Zero Waste’ book is full of awesome and insightful information. She’s a true leader in the sustainable space and this book is a great place to start to learn and become inspired. Also available over on our website here.
We ask you to ask the questions this festive season. Are you supporting brands and companies that give back? Do they care for the planet and the people producing their items? How? By choosing to spend your hard earned money with people and brands that are looking after our planet will ensure the health of our precious planet for generations to come.
P.S. Go and watch the David Attenborough documentary NOW! x
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We get it. Planning your Vacation to Bali can be overwhelming. I remember the very first time trying to work out where on earth to stay on the island and why everyone was telling me the same areas to stay in, knowing that there must be more to Bali than ‘Legian, Kuta, Seminyak & Ubud’! And that there is my friends… The island of Bali might be small (Around 150km x 120km in size) but it sure is diverse! You can holiday any which way you like it from Jungle trips to all night parties, cliff top Michelin Star dining to $1 street food delights. Click away to see our thoughts on where you should explore, rest your head & enjoy the magic island of Bali.
If we ever did have a vision for our Linen living it's best life, it would most certainly be with this babe. Kendall and her dreamy van Vance are exploring all the nooks and crannies of the insanely beautiful Australian landscape that we can only ever dream of.
The LUNA & ROSE team are having a little too much fun reliving the 90s around here...from platform sneakers, butterfly clips & braids, there was a whole lot of memorable moments to come out of the 90s! What better way to showcase it then your fave 90s Chick Flicks, here's our Top 5.