We're new friends, but something in the air tells me we'll be pals for life. This go-getting incredibly creative and talented lady Tori Ambler is the stylist behind our latest couple of shoots... oh and the Mum of 2 super cute twin toddlers! How she manages to juggle her passion for creative work in styling, motherhood, drop offs, pick ups, trips overseas for her husbands work oh, and always finding time to reply to my messages? It's beyond me. As we recently launched our range of pendants centered around this idea of Motherhood, and females strength, endless love and determination, there was no other human better to ask her hot tips on how it all works... Because she's got me stumped!
1) 3 of the best tips you were given before becoming a Mum:
I actually got given some AMAZING advice just before I had the boys:
1. Breastfeeding isn’t always this easy, breezy thing it’s made out to be. It can be really hard, or for some impossible.
I was so grateful I’d been told that, as I had such a tough time breastfeeding
2. Set a time by which you’ll be showered and dressed EVERYDAY. My midwife told me this one and it was a game changer. She said so many mamas don’t make that time for themselves, sit in pajamas all day, and start to feel low.
3. Get a group chat of your fellow Mum mates, or other mums with similar aged babes. Me and 5 girlfriends started one when we were all pregnant and it was a life saver (still is). Any worries, frustrations (soooo many), laughs, questions, etc, throw it out there.
Three things I love most about being a mum:
1. They keep me fit! Now they’re 3, our days consist of bike rides, skateboards, walks, parks, wrestling, etc Every. Single. Day. Stuff I would never have done, ever. (No, you don't like to wrestle on the daily?!)
2. Their smell. Creepy? Maybe. When they’re asleep I smell their little necks 💔
3. Them. They’re amazing. Some days are horrific (toddlers can be HORRIBLE), but then they tell me ‘mister sun is here and it’s a beautiful day mama’, or they cuddle on the couch while picking their noses and it’s the best thing ever
3 places I can’t wait to take the boys:
1. Japan. It’s top of my list!!! They love the chaos of cities, so I assume they’ll be in heaven in Tokyo
2. Bali (again). Now they’re older I can’t wait to take them back
3. A white Christmas, undecided where. I’ve never had one either!
Thanks Tori, you're a rockstar. To check out Tori's beautiful Styling work (Currently she is located in New Zealand but available for Travel) over on her website in the below link:
You can find more of her work and daily adventures over on her instagram account at @toriamblestylist
Comments will be approved before showing up.
You hear us talking about our 'Plant Dyed Apparel' but what does that actually mean and how on earth does one dye clothing with plants you ask!? I know, it's a buzzy concept and one that I too couldn't quite believe when I first heard about it either. But guess what? This is where it all started! Plants are where the original colours started... and we are here to bring it back - no chemicals added!
My Mother in law first made this for me many moons ago and it was instant love at first bite! Tangy yet fresh, more-ish yet healthy. This lemon tomato pasta has all the ingredients to warrant being on the weekly meal schedule without too much hassle. Hey, it's even good enough to wow your pals for dinner on Friday night! Serve it up with a fresh garden salad or opt for a carbo load with some toasted ciabatta with fresh garlic butter? Mmmm hmmm. If this doesn't have you hungry for dinner... I'm not sure we can be friends. Bon Appetit friends x
As you know... We've got lemon's on our mind! On our search this week we stumbled upon these healthy, sweet little morsels and couldn't help but share them with you. Sweet yet tangy, and oh so healthy, these lemon bliss balls are a simple and nutritious treat designed to get you through a busy day. The best part? They’re made using only 7 ingredients and are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free . With all that in mind, what are you waiting for? Get the blender ready & it's time to whizz up these Lemon-y treats!