If you love chocolate, nuts & all things sweet... you are going to LOVE these delicious rich truffle balls. You may have guess it by now but I'm a full-blown, slightly obsessed, truffle lover. Sometimes I like them naughty & rich (Like these Snickers Bar delights!) and sometimes I like them healthy & clean (Like our Beetroot Balls). But the truth be told, I am on an endless hunt for new delicious truffle recipes, to trial, delight & share with you & closer to home, some lucky friends. The good news for you is, by sharing them here on our blog you too have a few years supply of varied truffle ball gifts to your lucky humans too!
12 Chocolate flavoured biscuits (In NZ we LOVE the Arnotts Ripple biscuits for these but any choc flavoured biscuit will work)
10 fun size Snickers or 2 Normal Sized Snickers Bars
1 Tablespoon of thickened Cream
200gm of Chocolate melts
2 Tablespoons of finely chopped, honey glazed peanuts
1. Place the biscuits into a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs.
2. Chop up the Snickers Bars into 2cm pieces and place the snickers bars & cream into a Microwave safe Bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 30 second stints, stirring, and repeat for another 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
4. Add the biscuit crumbs into the Snickers mixture and stir until well combined.
5. Roll 2 teaspoonfuls of mixture into a rough ball. Place on a lined baking tray or plate. Repeat until all the mixture is finished
6. Place the plate into the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Melt the 200gm of Chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl on Medium until melted and smooth. You can also melt the chocolate by placing a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water and stirring regularly (I prefer this way as my Microwave is temperamental!)
8. In batches, dip the balls in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off and place them onto a cooling tray. Work quickly by sprinkling the honey roasted nuts onto the truffles before the chocolate sets! (It's super handy to have an extra pair of hands for this step)
9. Set aside for 10 minutes for them to set & ENJOY!
Do you have a favorite truffle recipe? We would love to hear it! Please email it through to us or leave a comment in the comments below x
Comments will be approved before showing up.
You hear us talking about our 'Plant Dyed Apparel' but what does that actually mean and how on earth does one dye clothing with plants you ask!? I know, it's a buzzy concept and one that I too couldn't quite believe when I first heard about it either. But guess what? This is where it all started! Plants are where the original colours started... and we are here to bring it back - no chemicals added!
My Mother in law first made this for me many moons ago and it was instant love at first bite! Tangy yet fresh, more-ish yet healthy. This lemon tomato pasta has all the ingredients to warrant being on the weekly meal schedule without too much hassle. Hey, it's even good enough to wow your pals for dinner on Friday night! Serve it up with a fresh garden salad or opt for a carbo load with some toasted ciabatta with fresh garlic butter? Mmmm hmmm. If this doesn't have you hungry for dinner... I'm not sure we can be friends. Bon Appetit friends x
As you know... We've got lemon's on our mind! On our search this week we stumbled upon these healthy, sweet little morsels and couldn't help but share them with you. Sweet yet tangy, and oh so healthy, these lemon bliss balls are a simple and nutritious treat designed to get you through a busy day. The best part? They’re made using only 7 ingredients and are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free . With all that in mind, what are you waiting for? Get the blender ready & it's time to whizz up these Lemon-y treats!