BEETROOT & AVOCADO VERMICELLI ROLLS
These bad boys are not only a treat on the eyes but for the palette to! Guaranteed 'oooooh' factor, these raw apertisers will keep your guests coming back for more...
16 rice papers (serves 4, multiply if you’re inviting a the whole gang)
½ cup cooked & drained vermicelli noodles with a squeeze of lime through them
1 red beet (boil, allow to cool and then cut into slices)
1 carrot sliced
½ cucumber sliced
handful of mixed lettuce
handful of sprouts, fresh chives, coriander
2 tablespoons tahini
1 garlic clove crushed
½ lemon juice
1 tsp cracked pepper
Herbal Salt to taste
Fresh dill & chives
+ splash of water if needed for consistency
1. Blend all the sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth, set aside.
2. Prepare all vegetables by thinly slicing longways
3. Fill a shallow dish with hot water, one at a time dip rice paper sheets in the water for 5 seconds, remove immediately and lay on a tea towel (This helps to absorb leftover water)
4. Arrange the filling on the wraps, starting with the noodles, followed by the vegetables, keeping everything centred.
5. Fold the top and bottom in, the sides should stick down, starting at one side roll the paper over the filling and continue to roll to complete the wrapped process. Repeat.
6. Dip and eat!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
You hear us talking about our 'Plant Dyed Apparel' but what does that actually mean and how on earth does one dye clothing with plants you ask!? I know, it's a buzzy concept and one that I too couldn't quite believe when I first heard about it either. But guess what? This is where it all started! Plants are where the original colours started... and we are here to bring it back - no chemicals added!
My Mother in law first made this for me many moons ago and it was instant love at first bite! Tangy yet fresh, more-ish yet healthy. This lemon tomato pasta has all the ingredients to warrant being on the weekly meal schedule without too much hassle. Hey, it's even good enough to wow your pals for dinner on Friday night! Serve it up with a fresh garden salad or opt for a carbo load with some toasted ciabatta with fresh garlic butter? Mmmm hmmm. If this doesn't have you hungry for dinner... I'm not sure we can be friends. Bon Appetit friends x
As you know... We've got lemon's on our mind! On our search this week we stumbled upon these healthy, sweet little morsels and couldn't help but share them with you. Sweet yet tangy, and oh so healthy, these lemon bliss balls are a simple and nutritious treat designed to get you through a busy day. The best part? They’re made using only 7 ingredients and are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free . With all that in mind, what are you waiting for? Get the blender ready & it's time to whizz up these Lemon-y treats!