BEETROOT & AVOCADO VERMICELLI ROLLS
These bad boys are not only a treat on the eyes but for the palette to! Guaranteed 'oooooh' factor, these raw apertisers will keep your guests coming back for more...
16 rice papers (serves 4, multiply if you’re inviting a the whole gang)
½ cup cooked & drained vermicelli noodles with a squeeze of lime through them
1 red beet (boil, allow to cool and then cut into slices)
1 carrot sliced
½ cucumber sliced
handful of mixed lettuce
handful of sprouts, fresh chives, coriander
2 tablespoons tahini
1 garlic clove crushed
½ lemon juice
1 tsp cracked pepper
Herbal Salt to taste
Fresh dill & chives
+ splash of water if needed for consistency
1. Blend all the sauce ingredients together in a blender until smooth, set aside.
2. Prepare all vegetables by thinly slicing longways
3. Fill a shallow dish with hot water, one at a time dip rice paper sheets in the water for 5 seconds, remove immediately and lay on a tea towel (This helps to absorb leftover water)
4. Arrange the filling on the wraps, starting with the noodles, followed by the vegetables, keeping everything centred.
5. Fold the top and bottom in, the sides should stick down, starting at one side roll the paper over the filling and continue to roll to complete the wrapped process. Repeat.
6. Dip and eat!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Plastic MEGA un-fantastic. We're all well aware that the plastic fantastic phenomenon of 60's and 70's was never well researched or thought through... Or maybe it was and the convenience of this miracle material and the financial gains that were able to be made from this new material well outweighed the negatives. Fast forward 50 years and now our planet is suffering, majorly! This month we're focussing on 'Plastic Free July' and sharing ways in which you can simply decrease exposure and use of this material from your daily habits.
One of the most extreme signs of the Zodiac: it's Leos' birthdays! From the 23rd of July to the 22nd of August, we're celebrating those who can be so many things at once. Learn all about this intense sign thanks to our 10 fun facts.
Shopping consciously is probably the single most important thing that you can do in your daily doings right now. By choosing the brands that support the future of our planet with your hard-earned dinero's means that our planet will be a brighter, better and healthier place for the future. It means that wildlife will continue to have a place to live, less animals will become extinct and your body will 100% thank you for making the switch the natural based products. We promise. Check these 7 Eco Conscious brands out.