As a Vegetarian, Christmas day can be a little tricky with the weirdly obsessive amounts of meat that most Christmas tables find themselves amongst. And while there is never a shortage of Potatoes & Carrots, I like to mix a few greens, a good chunk of nuts and some fresh colour variety in there too. This means, my Salad game around Christmas time starts to get a little obsessive to say the least...
And lucky for you, I'm not shy on sharing them this Festive Season! This Salad is a favourite from my beautiful Aunty Ros. Extremely tasty, unique in texture and will win over any meat eater at the table.
This is also an easy salad to whip together for a Summer BBQ or Beach picnic. Delicious and unique flavours that you won't get from many other Salads - I promise you that!
Enjoy this Thai Pumpkin Crispy Noodle Salad Recipe:
1-1.5k of Pumpkin (You can also use Orange Sweet Potato which is delicious too, or a mix if you prefer!)
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to season
200gm Roasted Cashews
1 Cup of finely Chopped Coriander
100gm of Crispy Noodles
METHOD TO THAI PUMPKIN DELICIOUSNESS:
1. Preheat the Oven to 200 degrees
2. Chop the Pumpkin into 2cm x 2cm pieces.
3. Place the Pumpkin (Or Sweet potato if using that instead) in a bowl and toss through the oil. Season with Salt & Pepper & toss.
4. Place the Pumpkin on an oven tray & bake for 30 mins or until cooked.
5. Once cooked, place the pumpkin onto paper towels to drain any excess oil.
6. Place Pumpkin, Cashews, Coriander & Crispy noodles into a serving bowl and toss to combine.
3/4 Teaspoon of Red Curry Paste
90ml of Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons of Real Lime Juice
1.5 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons of Oil
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tablespoon of fresh Ginger
MAKING THE DRESSING:
1. Combine the Red Curry Paste, Coconut Milk, Lime Juice & Brown Sugar together in a small bowl.
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan & fry off the Garlic & Ginger over a low heat to release the flavours. Once lightly brown, remove from the heat & mix through the dressing.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the Salad and gently toss to combine.
Enjoy this delicious Pumpkin Thai explosion & listen to the compliments fly in!
Let us know in the comments if you tried this & what you thought! x
PS. Sorry there is no photo of the finished product - It seems I always eat it too quickly before I can capture it! Watch this space x
There’s a lot of chat out there about jewellery and we wanted to debunk a few of the myths that you may have heard over the years. From the history of Pearls to the truth about Solid Gold. Here are 8 Jewellery Myths debunked - So you can sleep easy (and let your Aunty know the real deal over your next family dinner) sharing the real facts about tarnishing, Gold, pearls and much more.
If you're a travel-lover like us (dur - who isn't), then there's a high chance you are already following Brodie from @locationlost over on instagram where she shares her life on the road, living out of her **super stylin** van with her partner Nick & cute pooch Quinn. Based in Western Australia, Brodie & Nick share their incredible adventures, drool-worthy landscapes they get to experience in Aus and share honest conversations about a life lived on the road. It's not all cute shots (and cute outfits)!
Nothing quite beats a delicious Soba Noodle Salad. They're often rare to find out and about but when you find one, with the perfect dressing - Oooh wee it's a jolly good feeling, one you want to bottle up & come back to meal after meal. And so with the emphasis on food & sharing around Christmas, I wanted to do exactly that. Share one of my favourite Soba Noodle Salad recipes so that you too, can relish in these flavours & treat your tastebuds (and others!) this festive season.